Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com> on 2010/12/15 18:52:59 UTC

Framework Independence

I'm working on a project that requires only the OFBiz framework. I'm
trying to get a framework-only installation to run.

There are a lot of dependencies on the party and content components.
Removing dependencies on the party component should be fairly easy. The
online help system uses the content component, so that is an issue.
Should we move the content component to the framework?

-Adrian

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
I agree this is the way to go. Certain parts of certain application components should have been in the framework from the beginning, but certainly not all of them. Splitting out those specific parts and putting them in framework components as needed is the way to go.

-David

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ma...@librenberry.net>.
I agree. It possible to split content to framework component and keep
functionnal on application but I think this operation It's not easy and
I haven't suggest how do this.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas MALIN
Consultant

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
the pattern of having the entities and services specific to a component
will be broken. so a test file in each folder about were the entities
and services are should be included.

you can take the webapp/content/docbooks and put in common since it is
standalone engine for created docbooks output.
suggest put in webapps or common.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Adrian Crum sent the following on 12/15/2010 11:15 AM:

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I'm guessing you'd also need ContentWorker and DataResourceWorker.

Regards
Scott

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Great! ;-)

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
I ended up parameterizing the form's target attribute to get the results
I needed.

I will be offline for the holiday, then I will resume work on this next
week.

-Adrian

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
I have looked at a number of existing examples, but I still don't know
how it works or what I need to do to solve my problem.

-Adrian

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adrian,

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.
The security-related UI artifacts have been moved to the common component and the Web Tools app now has a security UI in rev 1053259.

The Party Manager Security tab duplicates the new Web Tools screens, and it is redundant - but I left it in there. It might be eligible for removal. I also left the original widget files in the partmgr component in case we need to go back to them for some reason. If all goes well, I will delete them in the future.

-Adrian

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Dec 15, 2010, at 6:52 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:

> I'm working on a project that requires only the OFBiz framework. I'm trying to get a framework-only installation to run.
>
> There are a lot of dependencies on the party and content components. Removing dependencies on the party component should be fairly easy. The online help system uses the content component, so that is an issue. Should we move the content component to the framework?

IMO a part of the content component could live in the framework.

Jacopo