Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Daniel Sánchez <da...@yahoo.es> on 2004/12/27 12:16:31 UTC

Complex type, using axis

I am new to Soap, and using version 1.1 of axis, my question is about
complex type.

Code for the interface.

public class FamilyInterfaceImpl {
public Family getFamily(){
Family f = new Family("MyFamily", 5);
return f;
}
}

Code for Family Class.

public class Family {
private String familyName;
private int numberOfMembers;
public Family(){}
public Family(String familyName, int numberOfMembers){
this.familyName = familyName;
this.numberOfMembers = numberOfMembers;
}
}

To get the wsdl file I use the following command.
java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o family.ws
dl -l"http://localhost:8080/axis/services/soapexample"
-n urn:soapexample -p"soapexample" urn:soapexample
soapexample.FamilyInterface
where soapexample is the package name.

Now I have to generate the Server-side Wrapper Code and Stubs for Client

Access I use the following command.
java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -o . -d Session -s -p soapexample.ws
family.wsdl

I got 8 file and one of them that I have to overwrite is
package soapexample.ws;
import soapexample.FamilyInterfaceImpl;
public class SoapexampleSoapBindingImpl implements
soapexample.ws.FamilyInterface{
FamilyInterfaceImpl f = new FamilyInterfaceImpl();
public soapexample.ws.Family getFamily() throws java.rmi.RemoteException {
return f.getFamily();
}
}

This class does not compile, because the return type is of type
soapexample.ws.Family and the method return soapexample.Family.

Question: How to make soap axis work for complex type

Thank you in advance