Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Henrik Vendelbo <hv...@bluprints.com> on 1999/10/18 15:03:00 UTC

[background] Make a new list?

Based on comments about my response to a basic software engineering concept
(thread safety), I pose this question :

Should we make a new list for background info on data structures, coding techniques,
coding style, patterns etc. This could be used by a newcomer to get up to standards
without wasting bandwidth on a list devoted to a specific development project.

???

\Henrik

Sv: [background] Make a new list?

Posted by Henrik Vendelbo <hv...@bluprints.com>.
> I don't think there is a real need for this list.  I think rather, we need
> to point people to the correct resource when they ask for help.
> Ryan

As usual, right on point.

Re: [background] Make a new list?

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
Isn't this what newsgroups are for?  I did a quick search from
"programming" in my new-reader, and found three general purpose newgroups.
comp.programming, comp.programming.literate, and comp.programming.threads.
This doesn't even take into account the newsgroups devoted to particular
languages.

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Henrik Vendelbo wrote:

> Based on comments about my response to a basic software engineering concept
> (thread safety), I pose this question :
>
> Should we make a new list for background info on data structures, coding techniques,
> coding style, patterns etc. This could be used by a newcomer to get up to standards
> without wasting bandwidth on a list devoted to a specific development project.
>
> ???
>
> \Henrik

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd