Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jingmei Li <Ji...@bentley.com> on 2002/02/14 20:00:47 UTC

How to authenticate users in WebdavServlet?

We want to integrate our content management system(CMS) with Slide and we
need to check users credentials against our CMS before displaying the
directory structure. Did anyone have any experience with doing
authentication in WebdavServlet? We extend RealmBase and override
authenticate() method there but the problem is we need that login
information in WebdavServlet after authentication...

Can anyone help?

TIA.
Jingmei

Re: How to authenticate users in WebdavServlet?

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@vertech.no>.
Jingmei Li wrote:

> We want to integrate our content management system(CMS) with Slide and we
> need to check users credentials against our CMS before displaying the
> directory structure. Did anyone have any experience with doing
> authentication in WebdavServlet? We extend RealmBase and override
> authenticate() method there but the problem is we need that login
> information in WebdavServlet after authentication...

The servlet can retrieve the principal with the
request.getUserPrincipal() method. If you need to put specific data into
that principal, you need to create your own principal impl, and have the
realm return an instance of that impl.

--
-Torgeir