Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@redwerk.com> on 2008/04/30 10:19:24 UTC

Global settings for a plugin

Hello everybody!

Could you please explain how can I provide some specific settings for a
plugin, which would apply to any Maven project? For instance, I need to
configure the Eclipse plugin to add the project version to a generated
project, currently I need to provide each and every POM file with the settings
like below:

            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                    <addVersionToProjectName>true</addVersionToProjectName>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

and this is a bit annoying.

I learned settings.xml description and found there's no way to specify plugin
settings in it. Any advice?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

RE: Global settings for a plugin

Posted by Bernhard David <da...@elca.ch>.
Hello,

I believe the usual thing to do is declare one parent pom for all
projects in your organization and put "globals" in there. Then, all your
poms need to declare it or one of its children as <parent>.

That's how we do it at elca.

Yours,

David

Posted by Olivier Dehon <od...@gmail.com>.

Re: Localisation of reports

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
anne.gerodolle@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> If I specify in the maven-site-plugin : <locales>fr,en</locales> (and I
> create a site.xml file in french and a site_en.xml file in english)
> Then the generated reports are in french, in both the french and the
> english generated Web page.
>
> If I specify <locales>fr,en</locales> (and I create accordingly
> index_fr.xml in french, and index.xml in english)
> The generated reports are (as expected) in english in the english Web
> pages, in french in the french Web page.
>
> Is that a bug ?
> Is there a way to obtain the expected behaviour by using some
> configuration ?

I'm not sure if this can be done. Is there a problem for you using your
second example?

Not at this point in time, see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-41

> Thank you,
>
> Anne

Dennis Lundberg

internationalization of multimodules projects

Posted by an...@orange-ftgroup.com.
Hi everybody,

Has anybody seceeded in creating a site in several languages for a multimodule project ?

I've filed some time ago an issue on JIRA following Denni's advice that decribes the problem :
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-322  but nobody commented on this.

In brief, links for the "modules" menu in the alternate languages are not correct.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Anne

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
There are a bunch of issues filed regarding the modules menu for multi
module sites, but none of them are about internationalized sites. Please
file a new issue here:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE

anne.gerodolle@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'v tried to internationalize a multimodule project, using
> <locales>en,fr</locales> as advised on
> http://www.propellors.net/maven/site/guides/mini/guide-site.html
>
> However, the "modules" menu in the french site does not work : assuming
> there is a module named mymodule, the "mymodule" link in the deployed
> site works OK in the default en version, but the same link in the french
> version points toward fr/mymodule/index.html, whereas the french site of
> mymodule is deployed under mymodule/fr .
>
> I've tried with the last two stable versions of maven-site-plugin,
> 2.0-beta-5 and 2.0-beta-6 .
>
> Is there an example of a multilinguial site generated with maven ?
>
> Thanks,
> Anne

Dennis Lundberg

internationalization of reports

Posted by an...@orange-ftgroup.com.
Hi everybody,

I'v tried to internationalize a multimodule project, using
<locales>en,fr</locales> as advised on
http://www.propellors.net/maven/site/guides/mini/guide-site.html

However, the "modules" menu in the french site does not work : assuming
there is a module named mymodule, the "mymodule" link in the deployed
site works OK in the default en version, but the same link in the french
version points toward fr/mymodule/index.html, whereas the french site of
mymodule is deployed under mymodule/fr .

I've tried with the last two stable versions of maven-site-plugin,
2.0-beta-5 and 2.0-beta-6 .

Is there an example of a multilinguial site generated with maven ?

Thanks,
Anne

Localisation of reports