Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com> on 2012/04/20 17:40:22 UTC

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #39: Disable old Trac CSS files

Hello all,

We've been making steady progress on applying the Bootstrap styles to
Bloodhound (today I've commited r1328362 for the Activity feed), but
I'd like to propose a somewhat bolder next step:
Disable all the old Trac css files.

I've raised the ticket (see below) to describe it a little further.
The current stylesheets seem inconsistent in their approach and don't
follow current best practices (many styles are applied by ID).

As a general strategy I suggest we should try and use bootstrap.css
for all styles wherever reasonable, and only have one other styling
file for now: bloodhound.css
This is only for things to which the correct Bootstrap classes haven't
been applied yet. While it will grow in the short term to accomodate
for stuff that will break when we disable the old trac css files, in
the medium term it should shrink to the bare minimum of things that
really wouldn't fit Bootstrap styles.

- Joe

Posted by Gary <ga...@wandisco.com>.
Hi Joe,

With a quick bit of playing around with some code, I think I found a way
to do the job programmatically. This could be good if we want this to be
permanent for the bloodhound theme (i.e. leaving core trac alone). Does
this sound sensible to everyone?

I left the code suggestion in the
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/39#comment:1 for the
implementer to consider.