Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Robert S. Hines" <Ro...@jam.rr.com> on 2000/12/11 01:23:08 UTC

Technical Writer

Heya,
     I have been ghosting this mailing list on and off for about four
months. I would like to contribute, and I believe I can add the most value
as a Tech Writer for now. However, I'm not quite sure where or how to add
the most value.
     Is there a currently a Documentation Lead that is organizing the
effort, it seems relatively ad hoc at the moment. I would greatly appreciate
some direction in the near term, and I have no problem taking on more
responsibility and moving forward once placed on the path.
     I have attached my resume in order to provide some immediate
credentials, and to give you some idea of where my skills lie. I look
forward to hearing from "someone" in the near term, as I would dearly love
to contribute to this project.

Thanks,

Robert S. Hines

Re: Technical Writer

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
"Robert S. Hines" wrote:

> Heya,
>      I have been ghosting this mailing list on and off for about four
> months. I would like to contribute, and I believe I can add the most value
> as a Tech Writer for now. However, I'm not quite sure where or how to add
> the most value.

Thank for the offering. Do you have any preferred version of Cocoon? 1 or 2?
Especially the Cocoon 2 is really lack good documentation!

>      Is there a currently a Documentation Lead that is organizing the
> effort, it seems relatively ad hoc at the moment. I would greatly appreciate
> some direction in the near term, and I have no problem taking on more
> responsibility and moving forward once placed on the path.

Oh, I've never tought about Documentation Lead in a Open Source project :) good
point. Would you like taking care of it? :

>      I have attached my resume in order to provide some immediate
> credentials, and to give you some idea of where my skills lie. I look
> forward to hearing from "someone" in the near term, as I would dearly love
> to contribute to this project.

Sorry, I'm using Linux and can't look at you Word doc :) but anyway there is no
need for credentials. If you can contribute that's far enough credential :)

Thanks

Giacomo