Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by OpenWhisk Team Slack <ra...@apache.org> on 2010/01/01 00:01:01 UTC

[slack-digest] [2022-06-21] #general

2022-06-21 04:15:57 UTC - Jae Han Kim: Hello, I'm trying to deploy OpenWhisk on Kubernetes using Helm.

I am working with a Windows Machine, Docker Desktop and Kubernetes (from Docker desktop).
The install-packages pods are failing and below is the log of the error. I have a suspicision this may have to do with using npm v3..

```npm ERR! Linux 4.19.128-microsoft-standard
npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "install"
npm ERR! node v8.10.0
npm ERR! npm  v3.5.2
npm ERR! path /openwhisk-package-alarms/action/node_modules/.staging/@types/node-7154234c/package.json
npm ERR! code ENOTDIR
npm ERR! errno -20
npm ERR! syscall open

npm ERR! ENOTDIR: not a directory, open '/openwhisk-package-alarms/action/node_modules/.staging/@types/node-7154234c/package.json'
npm ERR!
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this error at:
npm ERR!     <https://github.com/npm/npm/issues>```

https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1655784957688449?thread_ts=1655784957.688449&cid=C3TPCAQG1
----
2022-06-21 16:20:03 UTC - Alessandro Parrino: Good evening guys, I am trying to install OpenWhisk in a Kubernetes cluster in combination with Rancher.
I currently get the following error : `You have reached your pull rate limit. You may increase the limit by authenticating and upgrading: &lt;<https://www.docker.com/increase-rate-limits>.&gt;`.
I'm currently a beginner in k8s, and from what I understand, I should use a private docker registry, but I don't understand how connect it to my k8s so that helm can do its job properly. Would anyone be able to recommend a simple approach to solve this problem?
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1655828403041729
----