Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Kai Schlamp <sc...@gmx.de> on 2009/03/05 00:39:43 UTC

Classpath problem when opening AE descriptor

Hello.

I added to a Eclipse Plug-in project some 3rd party UIMA stuff, like
analysis and descriptors.
All works fine when I run the annotators inside my RCP application as
all the stuff is on the classpath of the UIMA plugin (thanks to
Eclipse-RegisterBuddy: org.apache.uima.runtime).
But when I open one of the descriptors inside my Eclipse IDE itself I
get an error message cause the descriptor imports a type system that is
also found in the plug in, but not in the classpath of the Eclipse IDE
(thats what I think the error comes from).
Anyone know how to add something to the Eclipse IDE classpath (not the
project classpath!)?
Or any other suggestions how to solve that problem?

The error message:
"Error in Descriptor"

"The descriptor has oneor more errors. Please fix in the source editor.
ResourceInitializationException: An import could not be resolved. No
.xml file with name "typeSystem.CCPTypeSystem" was found in the class
path or data path. .... "

Re: Classpath problem when opening AE descriptor

Posted by Kai Schlamp <sc...@gmx.de>.
Comments below.

Thilo Goetz schrieb:
> I agree with everything Tong said, but just to make sure we're
> on the same page: it looks to me like all you need to do is add
> the directory where ypeSystem.CCPTypeSystem.xml lives to the
> classpath of the project that contains the descriptor that's
> throwing the error.  In the simplest case, suppose both files
> live in the "desc" folder of some project.  Then "add as source
> folder" the desc folder, and you're done.  I always do that
> anyway, because I always use "import by name".
>
> If this wasn't your problem, please give more details.

Hy Thilo.

Yes, that did the trick. Thank you.

Best regards,
Kai

Re: Classpath problem when opening AE descriptor

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Kai Schlamp wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I added to a Eclipse Plug-in project some 3rd party UIMA stuff, like
> analysis and descriptors.
> All works fine when I run the annotators inside my RCP application as
> all the stuff is on the classpath of the UIMA plugin (thanks to
> Eclipse-RegisterBuddy: org.apache.uima.runtime).
> But when I open one of the descriptors inside my Eclipse IDE itself I
> get an error message cause the descriptor imports a type system that is
> also found in the plug in, but not in the classpath of the Eclipse IDE
> (thats what I think the error comes from).
> Anyone know how to add something to the Eclipse IDE classpath (not the
> project classpath!)?
> Or any other suggestions how to solve that problem?
>
> The error message:
> "Error in Descriptor"
>
> "The descriptor has oneor more errors. Please fix in the source editor.
> ResourceInitializationException: An import could not be resolved. No
> .xml file with name "typeSystem.CCPTypeSystem" was found in the class
> path or data path. .... "

I agree with everything Tong said, but just to make sure we're
on the same page: it looks to me like all you need to do is add
the directory where ypeSystem.CCPTypeSystem.xml lives to the
classpath of the project that contains the descriptor that's
throwing the error.  In the simplest case, suppose both files
live in the "desc" folder of some project.  Then "add as source
folder" the desc folder, and you're done.  I always do that
anyway, because I always use "import by name".

If this wasn't your problem, please give more details.

--Thilo

Re: Classpath problem when opening AE descriptor

Posted by Tong Fin <to...@gmail.com>.
> But when I open one of the descriptors inside my Eclipse IDE itself I get
> an error message cause the descriptor imports a type system that is also
> found in the plug in, but not in the classpath of the Eclipse IDE (thats
> what I think the error comes from).

When you open a descriptor that imports by "name" other descriptors (like
type system), CDE will try to find the imported descriptors at two places:
 1. the classpath of the project that the descriptor belong to
 2. the datapath that is specified for the project

> Anyone know how to add something to the Eclipse IDE classpath (not the
> project classpath!)?

I don't think there is such a thing like "Eclipse IDE classpath".
If you don't like to add the classpath to the project, the remained option
is to use the "datapath".

-- Tong