Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by sgoto <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/26 01:22:53 UTC

what's the max size of the doc json ?

hey everyone,

     i need to store some large blobs in the doc json (base64 encoded), is
there any documentation on how large the json doc can be ?

     long story: attachments are not sent to function validators, which
means i can't controls whether it is ok or not to have them there or not
(except for user auth, which doesn't work with replication).

     thanks, sam

--
f u cn rd ths u cn b a gd prgmr !

Re: what's the max size of the doc json ?

Posted by sgoto <sa...@gmail.com>.
more info

goto@goto-laptop:~/Downloads$ time curl
http://localhost:5984/testdb/02431575b260bcf27a0733c6810010a7 > /dev/null
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
 Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
 Speed
100 9148k  100 9148k    0     0  1325k      0  0:00:06  0:00:06 --:--:--
1867k

real    0m6.914s
user    0m0.010s
sys     0m0.020s