Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by George Gallen <gg...@slackinc.com> on 2002/09/06 16:37:55 UTC

[users@httpd] My (.gif's/.jpgs) won't load...

I'm migrating my webserver to a new machine, and
the newer machine has a newer (not latest) version of apache.

However, I couldn't just copy my httpd.conf file, so
I went through and made the changes in the new .conf file.

Everything works just fine, except when an image is
requested, it doesn't download, and the images do exist.

AND..

In my access_logs it just says "common", not the IP and
page requested. My conf file has the following:

# Need to fix  this
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
combined
#LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" common
#LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
#LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/access_log common

Do I change the common on CustomLog to combined?
I tried commenting out the CustomLog entry, but that just eliminated
   all access_logs.

this is for apache 1.3.20 / Redhat 7.2

LASTLY...

When I upgrade my apache to the latestest rpm, will I need to redo my config

file, or will my old one still work? I plan to go to version 2.0

Thanks
George