Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/11 04:32:41 UTC

hive action fails

Hi my hive action fails with:

Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class
[org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.HiveMain], exit code [10]

javax.jdo.JDOFatalDataStoreException: java.net.ConnectException :
Error connecting to server localhost on port 1527 with message
Connection refused

it looks like it can't pick-up the right hive-defaults.xml file. I have
changed the hive metastore to a SQL db in every possible place (hive-site,
hive-defaults), I also provided hive-default via job-config element, but it
still using the default value that I can't find where it is coming from.

Any suggestions where it can pick the value from (I am using oozie 3.2.0
and hive 0.7.1)?