Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Greg Lloyd <gl...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/01 14:49:38 UTC

cfs and cfs_archive

We have a cluster that we are moving to two entire new datacenters to
change the node sizes and move off our current nodes. There is the cfs and
cfs_archive keyspaces which are of replication factor 1 in our us-east-1
datacenter only.

I didn't see any mention in any docs when adding our other datacenters
about increasing the rf for these keyspaces.

Is it safe to replicate this to the all the new datacenters? Should this
exist in only one datacenter? We are not using the cassandra filesystem for
anything currently.

Thanks
GReg

Re: cfs and cfs_archive

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@apache.org>.

On 2017-08-01 07:49 (-0700), Greg Lloyd <gl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a cluster that we are moving to two entire new datacenters to
> change the node sizes and move off our current nodes. There is the cfs and
> cfs_archive keyspaces which are of replication factor 1 in our us-east-1
> datacenter only.
>
> I didn't see any mention in any docs when adding our other datacenters
> about increasing the rf for these keyspaces.
>
> Is it safe to replicate this to the all the new datacenters? Should this
> exist in only one datacenter? We are not using the cassandra filesystem for
> anything currently.

Was this a DSE cluster, or was it previously using cassandra filesystem? The guidance is probably best coming from Datastax, as it's not an open source feature.