Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> on 2015/07/13 15:01:21 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Thrift - July 2015

 July 2015

Thrift is a framework for providing cross-platform RPC and serialization.

Project Status
---------
Since our last 0.9.2 release Apache Thrift has seen a number of bugs
addressed and new features added to improve our multi os build
capabilities. We have also resolved security vulnerabilities raised and are
planning on our 0.9.3 rc being cut and voted on this month

Community
---
Latest Additions:

* PMC addition:            Ben Craig, 3.20.2014
                                     Henrique Mendonca, 3.20.2014
* Contributor addition:  Konrad Grochowski, 9.22.2014

Issue backlog status since last report:

* Created:    148
* Resolved:  156

Mailing list activity since last report:

* @dev   2386 messages
* @user  80 messages

Releases
---
Last release: 0.9.2, Release Date: Nov 7, 2014

[UPDATE] [REPORT] Apache Thrift - April 2019

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@apache.org>.

- Apache Thrift is a high performance cross platform RPC and serialization
   solution.

## Issues:

- there are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:

- Since our last 0.12.0 release Apache Thrift a number of bugs have been
   adressed and certain improvements have been implemented in various areas.
- Version 0.9.3.1 based on 0.9.3 has been released to port the security
fixes
   for CVE-2018-1320 into that branch. Due to an oversight the 0.9.3.1 was
   prematurely released to Maven Central prior to a vote. Corrective action
   was taken to properly vote on 0.9.3.1, and that vote passed.
- A vote for another release 0.12.1 did not pass because the necessary
number
   of votes was too low. As a result, we are planning for 0.13.0 as the next
   regular release

## Health report:

- The project code is healthy and fairly mature
- Main issue is the ratio between the numbers of active vs. silent
committers
   and PMC members. With respect to the relatively complex code base
   consisting of 20+ supported target languages, there is room for
   improvement.

## PMC changes:

- Currently 17 PMC members.
- Last PMC addition was James E. King III on Fri Nov 03 2017

## Committer base changes:

- Currently 33 committers.
- Last committer addition was Allen George at Mon Mar 19 2018

## Releases:

- 0.9.3.1 was released on Wed Mar 13 2019

## Mailing list activity:

- Mailing list activity is good, user inquiries are mostly answered very
   quickly, the rest was answered in a timely manner.

- dev@thrift.apache.org:
    - 258 subscribers (down -3 in the last 3 months):

- user@thrift.apache.org:
    - 674 subscribers (down -9 in the last 3 months):

## JIRA activity:

- 248 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 month

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Hi Thrift Devs,