Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Ramya Prasad via dev <de...@beam.apache.org> on 2023/11/30 22:16:13 UTC

[Question] Avro Schema to Beam Schema

Hello,
I am a developer trying to use Apache Beam, and I'm running into an issue
where the Decimal fields in my Avro schema aren't being converted into the
correct Beam schema fields when I'm reading a Parquet file. The precision
and scale are not being set and are lost during the conversion process,
which is causing issues when I try to write that same Parquet file back. To
convert, I'm just using the following method:

rows.setRowSchema(AvroUtils.toBeamSchema(schema));

Are there any options or something I'm supposed to set to preserve the
scale and precision?

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Ramya

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

Re: [External Sender] Re: [Question] Avro Schema to Beam Schema

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Nope. Busy on another duty so far. It might be implemented in
https://github.com/spotify/dbeam but I'm not sure.
Please post your findings if you figure it out.
Thanks.

Posted by Ramya Prasad via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
Hi Mikhail,

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.