Posted to user@bookkeeper.apache.org by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> on 2013/10/02 21:07:37 UTC

[VOTE] Bookkeeper 4.2.2 release candidate 1

This is the second release candidate for Apache Bookkeeper, version
4.2.2.

This is a bugfix release for 4.2.1. There are some minor API
improvements. Notably, it is now possible to check whether a ledger is
closed without opening it, and it is now possible to get a list of
ledgers available in the cluster.

The full release notes is available at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12324601&styleName=Text&projectId=12311293

*** Please download, test and vote by October 8th 2013, 10:00 UTC+0. ***

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

Source and binary files:
http://people.apache.org/~ivank/bookkeeper-4.2.2-candidate-1/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-120/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/tags/release-4.2.2

Bookkeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/dist/KEYS

Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build
and run a bookkeeper and hedwig service.

-Ivan

RE: [VOTE] Bookkeeper 4.2.2 release candidate 1

Posted by FPJ <fp...@yahoo.com>.
Awesome! Thanks, Ivan, for pushing it and everyone else for contributing.

-Flavio

BOOKKEEPER-689.

Posted by FPJ <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ivan for making this.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>.
+1 great job ivan!

Posted by FPJ <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by FPJ <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
Yes, we need the logs on this.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
Yes, we need the logs on this.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Flavio:

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Flavio:

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ivan for making this.

+1 after running the binary package & compile/running the source package.

-Sijie

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ivan for making this.

Posted by Jiannan Wang <ji...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1. Compile successfully, findbugs & all tests pass in my dev box.

-Jiannan

Posted by Jiannan Wang <ji...@yahoo-inc.com>.