Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org> on 2007/06/01 13:00:03 UTC

Wrong ChangeLog for 1.3-beta1

Hi there,

I think  there is  a problem  in JIRA as  all issues  resolved for
"1.3-beta1" are labelled as "trunk".

If you don't mind, I'd like to move all fixed issues from trunk to
1.3-beta1.  However  there are some issues  (like WICKET-608) that
are incorrectly  labeled as "trunk" instead  of "1.3-beta2", those
ones need to be handled manually by every assignee.

We should also merge "beta2" and "trunk" JIRA versions because our
current target version is beta2.

WDYT?
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty

Re: Wrong ChangeLog for 1.3-beta1... and 1.3-beta2 as well

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
243 left.  Sorry for the spam, I changed the fix version of all
issues assigned to me.  I looked at the Subversion commit revision
and if it was before 531508 I set beta1, otherwise beta2.

See http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=531508

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
* Al Maw:
> Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> >Hi there,
> >I think  there is  a problem  in JIRA as  all issues  resolved for
> >"1.3-beta1" are labelled as "trunk".
> >If you don't mind, I'd like to move all fixed issues from trunk to
> >1.3-beta1.  However  there are some issues  (like WICKET-608) that
> >are incorrectly  labeled as "trunk" instead  of "1.3-beta2", those
> >ones need to be handled manually by every assignee.
> >We should also merge "beta2" and "trunk" JIRA versions because our
> >current target version is beta2.
> >WDYT?
>
> Yeah, this is a little complex. :-/
>
> It all stems from me trying to impose some structure on all this, so we can schedule bugs for upcoming releases. I renamed
> the versions around and made some news ones, but this only worked well for outstanding issues and not fixed ones. :-(
>
> I don't seem to be able to bulk-edit more than one bug at once (it claims I "don't have permission, or at least one of the
> bugs has a status that prevents editing"). I think I'm a JIRA admin with full rights, so this may be some internal
> limitation in JIRA.
>
> I think the only way to sensibly resolve this is to:
>  - Merge trunk into beta1.
>  - Update all unresolved issues which have a fix version for beta1
>    to be for beta2 or rc1 as appropriate.
>
> If I don't hear from you in an hour or so, I'll do that. ;-)

Any update on this?

There are still 284 issues that are Resolved Fix for trunk.

I guess the ChangeLogs are basically broken, for example this one
is incomplete:
http://people.apache.org/~dashorst/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-incubating-beta2/RELEASE_NOTES

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I think  there is  a problem  in JIRA as  all issues  resolved for
> "1.3-beta1" are labelled as "trunk".
>
> If you don't mind, I'd like to move all fixed issues from trunk to
> 1.3-beta1.  However  there are some issues  (like WICKET-608) that
> are incorrectly  labeled as "trunk" instead  of "1.3-beta2", those
> ones need to be handled manually by every assignee.
>
> We should also merge "beta2" and "trunk" JIRA versions because our
> current target version is beta2.
>
> WDYT?

Yeah, this is a little complex. :-/

It all stems from me trying to impose some structure on all this, so we
can schedule bugs for upcoming releases. I renamed the versions around
and made some news ones, but this only worked well for outstanding
issues and not fixed ones. :-(

I don't seem to be able to bulk-edit more than one bug at once (it
claims I "don't have permission, or at least one of the bugs has a
status that prevents editing"). I think I'm a JIRA admin with full
rights, so this may be some internal limitation in JIRA.

I think the only way to sensibly resolve this is to:
  - Merge trunk into beta1.
  - Update all unresolved issues which have a fix version for beta1
    to be for beta2 or rc1 as appropriate.

If I don't hear from you in an hour or so, I'll do that. ;-)

Al

--
Alastair Maw
Wicket-biased blog at http://herebebeasties.com

Re: Wrong ChangeLog for 1.3-beta1

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
These were specifically introduced by Al.

Martijn

On 6/1/07, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I think  there is  a problem  in JIRA as  all issues  resolved for
> "1.3-beta1" are labelled as "trunk".
>
> If you don't mind, I'd like to move all fixed issues from trunk to
> 1.3-beta1.  However  there are some issues  (like WICKET-608) that
> are incorrectly  labeled as "trunk" instead  of "1.3-beta2", those
> ones need to be handled manually by every assignee.
>
> We should also merge "beta2" and "trunk" JIRA versions because our
> current target version is beta2.
>
> WDYT?
> --
>      Jean-Baptiste Quenot
> aka  John Banana   Qwerty
> http://caraldi.com/jbq/

Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!
http://wicketframework.org