Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt> on 2013/07/24 02:06:22 UTC

Three possible issues in AOO 4.0 en_UK

Hello!!!

I have installed version 4.0 selecting the checkbox to remove old versions.

I also installed the Portuguese dictionary, the US dictionary
(mini-geek) and the LanguageTool (developer) extension.

When I rebooted my Windows 8 Pro x64, when it was reaching the screen
before the login screen, I got a blue screen saying an error has
occurred and that Windows needed to restart.

I have tried using the US dictionary, but when I right click in the
status bar at the bottom of AOO where the language is, there is no "US",
only "Portuguese (Portugal)", UK and a few choices to not check spelling.

I also tried opening a .RTF file with lots of highlight colours in the
words and the colours are gone. But I tried this with 3.4.1 and there it
happened as well. Where can I upload this file? Or can I send it to the
mailing list?

Thanks!

Kind regards from,
           -----------------------

Re: Three possible issues in AOO 4.0 en_UK

Posted by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt>.
Anyway, easier than posting in the forum is sharing the files in Dropbox:
- https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30674540/sinonimos_2013.rtf
- https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30674540/sinonimos_2013.png

The first file is around 3 kB big and the dates and number of synonyms
are highlighted like you can see in the PNG.

But, opening it with AOO, the background colours are gone. It works okay
in MS Office.

I hope this can help fixing the bug.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
          -----------------------

Re: Three possible issues in AOO 4.0 en_UK

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:41:52 -0600
"F C. Costero" <fj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Marco A.G.Pinto <
> marcoagpinto@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:
>
> >  Yes, I tried to register in the forum but I keep getting that my
> > signature is invalid, even with only: "OpenOffice 4.0 on Windows 8"
> >
> > Meanwhile the file is attached here and I hope it will get through the ML.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >          >Marco A.G.Pinto
> >            -----------------------
> >

> > On 24/07/2013 01:34, F C. Costero wrote:
> >
> > The volunteers at the user forum (
> > http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php for support in English)
> > would be happy to help. You can upload the file there if it is under 128 KB.
> > Best regards,
> > Francis
> >

> > --
> >

> Hello Marco,
>    I downloaded your document and I see two lines in blue and 13 lines in
> red, the remainder are black. Is that right? I am using version 4.0.
>
> For the signature problem on the forum, you might try saying you use
> version 3.4.1. I have reported the problem but I'm not sure how long it
> will take to fix if it is indeed a general problem.

A possible workaround, pending a fix for this, is to register as using 3.4.1 and then later, using User Control Panel, edit the signature to AOO4.0. The limited registration options are intended as a crude (but effective) anti-spam device.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Three possible issues in AOO 4.0 en_UK

Posted by "F C. Costero" <fj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt>.

Re: Three possible issues in AOO 4.0 en_UK

Posted by "F C. Costero" <fj...@gmail.com>.
The volunteers at the user forum (
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php for support in English)
would be happy to help. You can upload the file there if it is under 128 KB.
Best regards,
Francis

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Marco A.G.Pinto <