Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ken Bell <ke...@panix.com> on 2016/08/12 06:18:31 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_fdpass.so file missing

This is on CentOS 6.8, but the error you show was the same.

To try to build the package I edited the httpd.spec file to add:
"--enable-proxy" and "--enable-proxy-fdpass" to the "%configure"
stanza. That got rid of the error you show but turned up a different
one: "Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found" regarding
"/usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_proxy_hcheck.so".  I then added that
file to the list of modules, recreated the "httpd-2.4.23.tar.bz"
file and apparently successfully built the RPMs.

Ken

--
Ken Bell :: kenbell_AT_panix_DOT_com   :: 212-475-4976 (voice)

Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_fdpass.so file missing

Posted by kohmoto <ko...@iris.eonet.ne.jp>.
Thanks Yann for the information about the progress to eliminate the
rpmbuild problem..
I am looking forward to have it.

Yours truly,
Kazuhiko Kohmoto

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 7:59 AM, kohmoto <ko...@iris.eonet.ne.jp> wrote:

> However,  I have no way to check the integrity of the whole system made by
> the modifications. I hope people involved in HTTPD project would erase the
> rpmbuild error in the future. I would like to wait until then.

This has been fixed at the build level (not only rpm, see [1]) and
will be available in the next 2.4 release.

Regards,
Yann.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/r1755078

Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_fdpass.so file missing

Posted by kohmoto <ko...@iris.eonet.ne.jp>.
Thanks Ken Bel for your challenge  to solve the error in rpmbuid of
httpd-2.4.23, I reported. I am glad to hear the error is reproduced at
the CentOS6.8 platform.

However,  I have no way to check the integrity of the whole system made
by the modifications. I hope people involved in HTTPD project would
erase the rpmbuild error in the future. I would like to wait until then.

In the doc provided by the project, rpmbuild is supported by a very
simple way.

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/platform/rpm.html

Thank you Ken.

Yours truly,
Kazuhiko kohmoto

Posted by "Houser, Rick" <ri...@jackson.com>.
With RPM, you don't ever want to modify the upstream source archive (instead you use patches or an external SPEC).  Rather than rebuilding the tarball and putting your SPEC inside it, you should be keeping the SPEC separate and using -bb or -ba (for a source RPM) argument to rpmbuild.

Rick Houser
Web Administration