Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Viktor Rosenfeld <ro...@informatik.hu-berlin.de> on 2004/03/25 01:15:00 UTC

usage question: checkout single file in repository?

Hi,

IIRC, under cvs I could checkout a single file from a repository, a la

	cvs co module/path/to/file

If I try that under svn, like

	svn co svn+ssh://localhost/path/to/repo/path/to/file

I get a directory named file with no usable data in it.

I looked at the man page, the faq and the book, but couldn't find
anything.  Is this at all possible?

Ciao,
Viktor
--
!!! Listen live to reboot.fm !!!

Tune in to 104.10 MHz if you're in Berlin, Germany or listen to the internet
stream at http://www.reboot.fm/stream/ .

Re: usage question: checkout single file in repository?

Posted by Nuutti Kotivuori <na...@iki.fi>.
Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> IIRC, under cvs I could checkout a single file from a repository, a
> la
>
> 	cvs co module/path/to/file
>
> If I try that under svn, like
>
> 	svn co svn+ssh://localhost/path/to/repo/path/to/file
>
> I get a directory named file with no usable data in it.
>
> I looked at the man page, the faq and the book, but couldn't find
> anything.  Is this at all possible?

svn cat svn+ssh://localhost/path/to/repo/path/to/file > file

"svn co" creates working copies. "svn cat" can be used to retrieve
invidual files. The directory creation is a bug, that is either
getting fixed or is already fixed in trunk.

-- Naked