Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com> on 2001/08/17 02:33:22 UTC

Lexical error

Hi,

I got a strange lexical error today...

 Lexical error: org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.TokenMgrError: Lexical
error at line 29, column 28.  Encountered: <EOF> after : ""

This occurs when I have a comment on the last line of my file (and no
newline).  If I add a newline after the comment, the error goes away.

This seems like it might be a bug.  I'm running Velocity 1.2-dev with JDK
1.3.1 on Tomcat 3.2.2.

Thanks, WILL
_______________________________________
Forio Business Simulations
Will Glass-Husain
(415) 440-7500 phone
(415) 235-4293 mobile

wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com

Re: Lexical error

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Will Glass-Husain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got a strange lexical error today...
>
>  Lexical error: org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.TokenMgrError: Lexical
> error at line 29, column 28.  Encountered: <EOF> after : ""
>
> This occurs when I have a comment on the last line of my file (and no
> newline).  If I add a newline after the comment, the error goes away.
>
> This seems like it might be a bug.  I'm running Velocity 1.2-dev with JDK
> 1.3.1 on Tomcat 3.2.2.

Yes, it's a parser bug.  I thought I had it nailed last week.  But
didn't. Alas.

Solution is to add the newline :)

System and Software Consulting
Well done is better than well said - New England Proverb

Re: Populate dropdown dynamically...?

Posted by Simon Christian <si...@cpd.co.uk>.
Pat,

If I understand you correctly, this isn't a server-side task (aside from
filling your dropdown arrays in the first place). You can use Javascript
on the client browser to accomplish this, I suggest scanning some of the
script sites possibly www.javascripts.com

- simon

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Just populate the options for the select in the same way you would
populate the rows of a table (i.e. use a #foreach after retrieving your
data using your pull tool).

Scott