Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by neal <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/01 21:42:38 UTC

Bug in 4.1.18???

I just upgraded from Tomcat 4.0.4 to Tomcat 4.1.18 and my application no
longer works.  It appears that the problem is that using:

this.getClass().getResource

is now returning paths with a leading "/" in Windows.  For instance, the
path I *should* get path is:

D:/dev/tomcat...

but I'm actually getting:

/D:/dev/tomcat....

I presume this is going to cause me x-platform issues because if I attempt
to compensate by removing that leading "/" it will cause the paths to be
incorrect when I deploy to linux.

Am I correct that this is an issue? What is an appropriate workaround?

Thanks.
Neal