Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Frank Silbermann <fr...@fedex.com> on 2008/06/13 22:58:53 UTC

Using Java 1.5 features with Wicket 1.3

In my Wicket 1.2 application I used a Java 1.5 JDK.  Wicket didn't seem
to mind that I used annotations, etc. in my own code.  I did the same in
code that I upgraded to Wicket 1.3.  Also, my Wicket 1.2 application was
built from scratch using JBuilder 2006; but the
stop-server/modify-code/compile/re-deploy/start-server cycle was
laborious, so this time I've been trying to work from the QuickStart,
using Maven2 and Eclipse, with Jetty in process for debugging.  But for
some reason I keep messing up.

I was able to compile my code using either Maven2 or Eclipse.  Then,
when rebuilding with Maven2 I had the bright idea of calling "mvn clean"
first.  Well, my compilation is failing all over the place now, with
comments of the form:

...annotations are not supported in -source 1.3 (use -source 5 or higher
to enable annotations)

I googled the error and found a page
http://vikashazrati.wordpress.com/2008/05/13/maven2-annotations-not-supp
orted/ that suggested I add to my pom.xml

<build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <source>1.5</source>
          <target>1.5</target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

I did so, and now I'm getting an error:

C:\webReports\web
applications\WebCommon\src\main\java\common\components\DatePickerManualS
ubmitPanel.java:[10,0] package
org.apache.wicket.extensions.yui.calendar.assets.skins.sam does not
exist

When I go back to Eclipse, it doesn't tell me it cannot build, but when
I try to run I get a tab saying:

"URLClassLoader$1.run() line: not available            Source not found

I am getting very frustrated.  Does anyone recognize these symptoms?  Is
my only choice to start over?

RE: Using Java 1.5 features with Wicket 1.3

Posted by Frank Silbermann <fr...@fedex.com>.
Never mind.  I rebooted my machine and everything is back to normal.
Sigh.

No, I do not compile Wicket myself -- at least.  I merely have
dependencies to Wicket in the pom.xml.

Do you compile Wicket yourself? If so, this should be compiled using
--source 1.4. Your own code can stay with --source 1.5.

Timm

Posted by Frank Silbermann <fr...@fedex.com>.

Posted by Timm Helbig <ti...@th-hosting.net>.