Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Bent Hugh <be...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/21 07:13:59 UTC

Policy of merging patches

I was browsing Nutch JIRA. As per my observation, some patches are
merged into trunk and some are merged into hudson - Nutch-Nightly.
This is pretty confusing to me as a user.

As a user, which branch should I check out if I want the latest Nutch
with cutting-edge features and least open issues?

When is the stable version of Nutch 1.0 gonna be available. Is there a
way I can find out how many issues would be closed in Nutch 1.0?

Cheers
B. Hugh

Re: Policy of merging patches

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Bent Hugh wrote:
> I was browsing Nutch JIRA. As per my observation, some patches are
> merged into trunk and some are merged into hudson - Nutch-Nightly.
> This is pretty confusing to me as a user.
>
> As a user, which branch should I check out if I want the latest Nutch
> with cutting-edge features and least open issues?

trunk/ . The Hudson is an automated build & test system, which produces
nightly snapshots of the code - so this is just an informational message
that this patch was integrated into nightly builds (as well as being
available in trunk/).

> When is the stable version of Nutch 1.0 gonna be available. Is there a
> way I can find out how many issues would be closed in Nutch 1.0?

We process issues according to their priority, the number of votes (you
can vote in JIRA to get something fixed earlier), and their expected
impact on the functionality. As a rule, before the release we resolve
blocker and critical issues, and as many major issues as we can ;)

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><