Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Bryant Luk <br...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/21 18:06:25 UTC

Open trunk back for commits and future releases

Hi,

With Kevan, dims, and ant elder voting +1, I think the IPMC votes are
well underway for 0.1.  Thanks Martin and everyone else for helping
with this release.  I've certainly learned a lot.

On that note, I think it's time to reopen trunk and committing some of
the patches that have been available.  I'll start making some of the
changes from patches that have been out there.  If someone objects,
these can be reverted easily.

For future releases, the process should go more smoothly since a lot
of the issues shouldn't be repeated.  However, I was hoping we could
also refine our release process a bit so that we make a branch to base
the release from instead of using trunk.  That way activity can still
happen on trunk while the branch release tag is safe from any unwanted
changes.

Thoughts?

--

- Bryant Luk

Re: Open trunk back for commits and future releases

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
I agree that we should try working off a branch so that trunk is
always open. Hope the maven gurus can shed light on if this is a
possibility.

thanks,
dims

Posted by "Snitkovsky, Martin" <ma...@hp.com>.
I agree with Bryant - we can improve the process by creating a branch to base a release from
Just need to remember (1) manually change trunk poms version (2) Merge all changes made on branch back to trunk

Also need to dry run a release process and see if maven-release-plugin works with branches (don't anticipate any issues)

-Martin