Posted to user@hive.apache.org by nagarjuna kanamarlapudi <na...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/09 14:24:51 UTC

Multiple Hive Connection Issues

Hi,

I have a requirement of using multiple hive connections simultaneously to
run multiple queries in parallel. I use JDBC Client to get the connection.
 (hive-0.7.1)

Just going through one of the bugs of hive server at the link
https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/hiveserver.html

The link says , "HiveServer can not handle concurrent requests from more
than one client." Are we talking about multiple clients like JDBC, ODBC,
Thrift JAVA client, CLI, HWI. If yes, should the hive server handle
multiple connections from the same slient simultaneously ??

Regards,
Nagarjuna

Re: Multiple Hive Connection Issues

Posted by Ruslan Al-Fakikh <me...@gmail.com>.
Just a note:

There is also hiveserver2 which fixes connection issues, and it is
included in cdh 4