Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Keshav Malani <km...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/08 18:40:41 UTC

Superset on Production

Hi everyone,

I'm using Superset in production with clients (Redshift DB and Centos EC2).

I wanted to know if there are any additional things I can / should be doing
to make it run as smoothly, and as fast as possible. Essentially are there
things I should be doing to optimize Superset?

I'm already optimizing my Redshift cluster.

Thanks,
Keshav

---
Keshav Malani (pronounce <http://nmdrp.me/keshav>)

<http://nmdrp.me/keshav>

Re: Superset on Production

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
Do you have caching setup?
http://superset.apache.org/installation.html#caching

There's also an [undocumented] endpoint to warm up the cache if you'd
rather automate that then doing it on the first dashboard load:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/blob/master/superset/views/core.py#L1641

Dashboard load time will go from however long it takes to run your database
queries, down to a few seconds.

Max