Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Vinay Kumar <wi...@yahoo.com> on 2011/11/20 11:39:58 UTC

Xerces-c Compilation Error on HP-UX

Hi All,

I am trying to build xerces-c(2.7.0 version) on HP-UX system with Itanium
Architecture. I am using gcc(3.4.4 version) as C compiler and g++(3.4.4
version) as C++ compiler, but when i try to build, i am getting following
error:

(C++) Base64.o

g++: +DAportable : No such file or directory
g++: +Z :  No such file or directory
g++: +a1 : No such file or directory
g++: +d : No such file or directory
g++: unrecognize option `-ptr/xerces-c/2.7.0/obj/HPUX/ptrepository`
make[1]: *** [Base64.o] Error 1
make    ***[Util] Error 2

But the same compiles fine with native compiler(aCC compiler). What is the
reason for getting this error? Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards,
Vinay

Re: Xerces-c Compilation Error on HP-UX

Posted by sh...@e-z.net.
To download XALAN-C version 1.11 from the repository, you need to use a
subversion or SVN program to access the following URL.

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xalan/c/trunk

Example:

  svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xalan/c/trunk xalan-c-1_11

where xalan-c-1_11 is your target directory to receive the download.

You can then use this as a source release.  The folders (.svn) are for
version management bookkeeping.  They can be deleted if you wish not
to track your own code changes or submit patches to the development team.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway

P.S.  The code base in the SVN repository is stable.  I am developing
the documentation packages to get the product released.