Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Roman Zechner <ro...@Liland.at> on 2009/02/26 17:25:12 UTC

LocaleDropDown does not switch locale anymore when deployed on server

Hi,

we are using the LocaleDropDown component mentioned in Wicket in Action.
While it works on the local machine, it does not when deployed on our
server.
We need to switch between German and English. German works on my local
machine,
on the server it doesn't.

Any ideas?

Roman

Re: LocaleDropDown does not switch locale anymore when deployed on server

Posted by Roman Zechner <ro...@Liland.at>.
Solved - at least I found a work around. It was a server issue. We were
missing de_DE locale files on the system.
But I still had to explicitly set the system variable LC_ALL to
de_DE.ISO-8859-1, before restarting tomcat.

Shouldn't the JVM come with full I18N support already? Well, it works,
but if anyone has an explanation for this behaviour, I'd be happy.

Cheers, Roman