Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com> on 2004/08/06 19:47:26 UTC

Re: generating PDFs in non-english

On Aug 6, 2004, at 10:36 AM, Nuno Lopes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was trying to make some PDFs of the PHP manual when I got some
> problems.
> The manual is written in docbook and then I have a XSL sheet. I can
> generate
> the manual in english, portuguese, french,... but not in russian.
>
> When I open the file I only get #####. What am I doing wrong?
> I've tried using FOP directly with XML, and with a FOP file generated
> by
> xsltproc, but noone works.
>
> Can anybody help me, please?
>
> Thanks,
> Nuno

This thread should take place on the fop-user mailing list instead of
fop-dev. Most (all?) fop-dev list readers read both, so it's sure to be
seen. fop-dev is for FOP *development* issues. Since I'm moving this
thread to fop-user I've Cc'd you on this reply to ensure you received
this message.

I suspect you are having a problem with fonts an glyphs. Did you take a
moment to read the FAQ? There's a question involving "#" characters
here[1].

If you have any other questions or this doesn't help you resolve the
issue, please post follow-up questions to this thread on fop-user.

Good luck!

Web Maestro Clay

[1]
http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#pdf-characters