Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by lizz <el...@bouvet.no> on 2007/11/28 22:34:45 UTC

Create a report based on a wicket page using DynamicJasper

I have some wicket pages with a table component
(org.apache.wicket.extensions.markup.html.repeater.data.table.DataTable). I
would like to use DynamicJasper to create a report that looks more or less
the same as the table + some additional information. The table content and
the number of rows per page varies so the report must be dynamic.
What is the best way to create the report?

Re: Create a report based on a wicket page using DynamicJasper

Posted by cblehman <cl...@medfusion.net>.
While this topic is not really related to Wicket, I have done something
similar (Dynamic Jasper layouts)

Jasper by itself does not support this type of thing, but you can use
Velocity Templates to create teh Jasper Design jrxml file dynamically based
on the columns you need.

Here is a good link on setting this up:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0505_olivieri/0505_olivieri.html

-Clay