Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by David Handermann <ex...@apache.org> on 2023/07/19 14:45:33 UTC

[DISCUSS] NiFi 1.23.0 Release Timeline

Team,

Although we just released NiFi 1.22.0 last month, we already have over 100
Jira issues resolved for 1.23.0 [1]. Many of these are dependency upgrades,
some of which address flagged vulnerabilities, although most do not appear
to have a direct impact on NiFi usage patterns. There are also some
important bug fixes, and the new ExcelReader.

There are two open issues related to Parameter Context handling [2] and
QueryRecord behavior [3] which should be included before going forward, but
otherwise it seems like we have sufficient changes to warrant another
release on the version 1 branch.

Anything else worth highlighting?

Regards,
David Handermann

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+%3D+NIFI+AND+fixVersion+%3D+1.23.0

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 1.23.0 Release Timeline

Posted by David Handermann <ex...@apache.org>.
Team,

All of the fixes previously noted on this thread have been merged. In
preparation for the release, I noticed that the current support branch
binary exceeds the 1.5 GB limit, so I submitted the following pull request
to move Riemann and HBase 1.1.2 to optional build profiles:

https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/7504

Once that is reviewed and merged, I plan to prepare a release candidate
build.

Regards,
David Handermann

Posted by David Handermann <ex...@apache.org>.