Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thilo Frotscher <th...@web.de> on 2006/12/11 01:43:59 UTC

[Axis2] WSDL2Java option -u

Hi!

Can someone please explain to me the WSDL2Java option -u?
According to the documentation this is meant to do the
following:

"This option specifies whether to unpack the classes and
generate separate classes for the databinders."

- What exactly does that mean? Can you please explain in
   more detail what this option is supposed to do?

- When I use this option with my WSDL document, all that happens
   is that a Java interface is generated and the stub class
   implements this interface. There don't seem to be any other
   differences compared to using WSDL2Java without the -u option.
   This doesn't quite seem to match the above...

Can you please shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Thilo

Re: [Axis2] WSDL2Java option -u

Posted by Thilo Frotscher <th...@web.de>.
Hi!

Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
> The -u option is only meaningful for ADB

Shouldn't it be -Eu then? Or are there any other data binding
frameworks this option can be used with?

 > where I believe it controls whether the classes are organized into
 > separate .java source files (as opposed to all globbed together).

Got that now, thanks. In addition to this, -u results in a Java
interface which is implemented by the generated stub class. While
such an interface can be useful, I can't see how its generation
relates to actual meaning of this option. Is the interface generation
an accidental feature perhaps that should actually have its own
option?

Thanks,
Thilo

Re: [Axis2] WSDL2Java option -u

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Hi Thilo,

The -u option is only meaningful for ADB, where I believe it controls
whether the classes are organized into separate .java source files (as
opposed to all globbed together).

  - Dennis