Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Naveen <na...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/16 06:58:18 UTC

DDL should work without prefixing the schema

Hi

I am using ignite 2.3

I have created a table thru SQL DDL like below

CREATE TABLE MAP_ASSOCIATED (PARTY_ID VARCHAR, ASSOCIATED_LIST VARCHAR,
UPDATEDDATETIME TIMESTAMP, UPDATEDBY VARCHAR, PRIMARY KEY (PARTY_ID))WITH
"template=partitioned,backups=1,cache_name=MAP_ASSOCIATED,
value_type=com.ril.edif.model.MAP_ASSOCIATED";

Table Schema is public, so I can insert a record with the below SQL without
the schema

insert into MAP_ASSOCIATED (PARTY_ID, ASSOCIATED_LIST, UPDATEDDATETIME,
UPDATEDBY) values ('1','1',current_timestamp(),'1');

Howver, same time, I have created another table with java API, it got
created with a schema
So I had to always prefix with table schema for running any DMLs

INSERT INTO "MapDummyCache".MAP_DUMMY (ENTITY_ID, MAPPING_ID_LIST,
RELATIONSHIP, UPDATEDDATETIME, UPDATEDBY, SEQUENCE_NO, TUPLE_COUNT) values
    ('6','maplist6','rel5',sysdate,'upd5','5','5')

I tried to change the schema to PUBLIC by setSchemaName, but still does not
seem to be working.

I would like to have same DML query should work for the table created thru
SQL DDL and Java API without schema.

Thanks
Naveen

Re: Same DDL should work table created thru DDL and table created thru Java API

Posted by Mikhail <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Naveen,

If a table was created with a native api then it can be assessed only with
schema prefix only.

Thanks,
Mike.