Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/18 20:25:33 UTC

Should keystore gbean be moved to security from console?

I just committed GERONIMO-887 which includes a keystore management
gbean in the console application.  I would think this would be of more
general use and the code should be in the security module and the gbean
deployed in the security configuration.

Comments?

thanks
david jencks

Re: Should keystore gbean be moved to security from console?

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
I think that depends upon how much you want to move into the security
module?  If it is just the GBean, then I think that's probably a good
move.  However, I suspect that the management portlet itself would have
to remain in the console application until we get a more dynamic portal
server that is included in G rather than just the console application
itself.

Ideally, I think it would be great if we could include all of the
management capabilities (including the portlets) with the specific
component they manage such that the management capability is available
only if the component itself is included in the configuration.

-Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net