Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Gerdes, Mike" <mi...@airbus.com> on 2006/03/06 15:14:09 UTC

security in SM

Hi all,

I wanted to know what security mechanisms are implemented in SM. I know that you can use ssl and jaas with activemq, but does SM implement any additional security features such as authentication or is it
possible to use ws-security for all components?

thanks in advance

miek

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be
accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and
security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of
Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.

Re: security in SM

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
My guess is that you probably don't want to use WS-Security for all the
components as WS-Sec is slowww. I'm working on getting the WS-Security
over XFire stuff ready so people can use it with their webservices in
servicemix, but I still need to write docs for that. If you're creating
web services you can always create your own authentication headers in
addition to things such as the UsernameToken header in WS-Security.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions LLC