Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by James User <ja...@athletechs.com> on 2008/03/13 16:19:57 UTC

Out of Office replies

When email are sent out to subscribers of our lists we send them out via
our "support" account and we get a number of out of office auto-replies
in the support mailbox.  We would like to route these out of office

Does anyone have a suggest approach?  Sample could would be great!

Thanks!

RE: Out of Office replies

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

please add the code to jira and grant asf rights ..

Thx
Norman

RE: Out of Office replies

Re: Out of Office replies

Posted by Ian Wilson <ia...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 3:31 AM, Ian Wilson <ia...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Unfortunately, I don't have them handy, however, if you'd like, I'll
>  be more than happy to send them your way.

While I'd like to think that my little matches work, however, I do
have more questions than answers:

I'm putting the following lines in their config.xml file

<mailet match="SubjectStartsWith=Out of Office AutoReply" class="Null"/>
<mailet match="SubjectStartsWith=Out of Office Autoreply" class="Null"/>
<mailet match="SubjectStartsWith=Out of Office Auto-Reply" class="Null"/>
<mailet match="SubjectStartsWith=Out of Office Auto-reply" class="Null"/>

Now, this doesn't work with Lotus Notes, as they prefix the user's
name at the start of the Subject, as in "James Doe is out of the
office."  I'm running into some issues with this, as I'm not sure that
I can use a regexp with the Subject Matchers?

It's also been suggested that I could use the "HasAttribute" for this
particular case, but I'm not sure if I can use "Subject" as an
attribute.  Any ideas?

Ian
--
Ian Wilson
ian.m.wilson@gmail.com

Solving site load issues with database replication is a lot like
solving your own personal problems with heroin -- at first, it sorta
works, but after a while things just get out of hand.

Re: Out of Office replies

Posted by Ian Wilson <ia...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:19 AM, James User <ja...@athletechs.com> wrote:
>  Does anyone have a suggest approach?  Sample could would be great!

I know that in my current job, we've implemented a few  mailet
match="..." class="Null" rules that we use to catch Out of Office