Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2018/06/13 21:15:08 UTC

[VOTE] First release candidate for hbase-2.0.1 (RC0) is available

The first release candidate for Apache HBase 2.0.1 is available for
download and testing. This is a bug fix release with 70+ commits [1].
Release notes are available here [2].

Artifacts are available here:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.1RC0/

Corresponding convenience artifacts for maven use are in the staging
repository:

 https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1222

All artifacts are signed with my code signing key, 8ACC93D2, which is
also in the project KEYS file:

http://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS

These artifacts correspond to commit ref

987f7b6d37c2fcacc942cc66e5c5122aba8fdfbe

which has been tagged as 2.0.1RC0.

Please take a few minutes to verify the release and vote on releasing it:

[ ] +1 Release these artifacts as Apache HBase 2.0.1

This VOTE thread will remain open for at least 72 hours.

1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.1RC0/CHANGES.md
2. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.1RC0/
RELEASENOTES.md

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for hbase-2.0.1 (RC0) is available

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Checked signatures and checksums: OK
Built from source with jdk8u111: OK
Run UTs with jdk8u111: All passed
Started a 5 nodes cluster and run LTT with 1M rows: OK
Run some basic shell commands: OK

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
FYI, if it helps, the last two nightlies passed at this RC0 hash: #424 and
#425. Thats all unit tests against hadoop2 and then against hadoop3 run
back-to-back.

Posted by Balazs Meszaros <ba...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

- Checksum, signature: OK
- RAT check: OK
- Built from source: OK
- Unit tests: OK
- Web UI and shell: OK
- LTT w/ 1M rows: OK

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

* Ran through all unit tests (things got flakey around hbase-it, but I
think that was my box)
* Built from src
* No extraneous files in src release
* CHANGES+RELEASENOTES were updated

[RESULT][VOTE] First release candidate for hbase-2.0.1 (RC0) is available

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1 from me too...

Thats 6 +1s (4 binding) and none against.

The vote passes. Let me push it out as hbase-2.0.1.