Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jae Joo <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/13 16:53:24 UTC

snapshot files

Hi,

I have successfully built generated the snalshot files but have a question.
Does each snapshot file has all files in the index directory?

Here is the file list in the index
_0.fdt        _0.fnm        _0.nrm        _0.tii        _1.fdt
_1.fnm        _1.nrm        _1.tii        segments.gen
_0.fdx        _0.frq        _0.prx        _0.tis        _1.fdx
_1.frq        _1.prx        _1.tis        segments_3

And here is the file list of 2 snapshot files.

 snapshot.20071113094936
_0.fdt        _0.fdx        _0.fnm        _0.frq        _0.nrm
_0.prx        _0.tii        _0.tis        segments.gen  segments_2

 snapshot.20071113095508
_0.fdt        _0.fnm        _0.nrm        _0.tii        _1.fdt
_1.fnm        _1.nrm        _1.tii        segments.gen
_0.fdx        _0.frq        _0.prx        _0.tis        _1.fdx
_1.frq        _1.prx        _1.tis        segments_3

The later one have all files same as index directory.

I have changed the snapshooter script because the bash in solaris do not
have cp -l option.

#cp -lr ${data_dir}/index ${temp} --> original
mkdir ${temp}
ln  ${data_dir}/index/* ${temp}

Thanks,

Jae Joo

Re: snapshot files

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I have successfully built generated the snalshot files but have a question.
: Does each snapshot file has all files in the index directory?

: I have changed the snapshooter script because the bash in solaris do not
: have cp -l option.

you answered your own question: the scripts use hardlinks, so each
snapshot dir contains the full index, but no duplicate copies are kept of
any files.

	http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CollectionDistribution

-Hoss