Posted to user@spark.apache.org by colt_colt <we...@hotmail.com> on 2014/03/28 11:25:09 UTC

How does Spark handle executor down? RDD in this executor will be recomputed automatically?

I am curious about Spark fail over scenario, if some executor down,  that
means the JVM crashed. AM will restart the executor, but how about the RDD
data in JVM?  if I didn't persist RDD, does Spark will recompute lost RDD or
just let it lose?  there is some description in Spark site: "Each RDD
remembers the lineage of deterministic operations that were used on a
fault-tolerant input dataset to create it."

thanks in advance

Re: How does Spark handle executor down? RDD in this executor will be recomputed automatically?

Posted by Sonal Goyal <so...@gmail.com>.
Each handle to the RDD holds its lineage information, which means it knows
how it was computed starting from data in a reliable storage or from other
RDDs. RDDs hence can be reconstructed when the node fails.

Best Regards,
Sonal

<http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>