Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Zhu Wayne <zh...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/08 00:38:32 UTC

Json array parsing issue with Pig JsonLoader

 Any fix for parsing string array in the near future?

Wayne Zhu

Re: Json array parsing issue with Pig JsonLoader

Posted by Zhu Wayne <zh...@gmail.com>.
Is it included in v3.0.7? I had hard time building from GIT master branch.
Installed thrift and protobuf, but I still have issues.

--
Wayne Zhu
847-282-0596 (Google Voice)

Re: Json array parsing issue with Pig JsonLoader

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.

Posted by Zhu Wayne <zh...@gmail.com>.
Niels,

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
You guys could try to simply build this branch
https://github.com/kevinweil/elephant-bird/pull/308

Posted by Zhu Wayne <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ruslan Al-Fakikh <me...@gmail.com>.
I also was having issues with the builtin JsonLoader and tried some other
loaders: Elephant-bird (which doesn't work with CDH 4 :( ), Mozilla Aleka.
There is also another JsonLoader in piggybank in some newer version of Pig.
I ended up just loading data as text and processing it inside a UDF with a
json lib.

Ruslan

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
My suggestion to you is to avoid the JsonLoader that is part of Pig and use
the one present in Elephant-bird.
https://github.com/kevinweil/elephant-bird

Niels Basjes

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 12:38 AM, Zhu Wayne <zh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Any fix for parsing string array in the near future?

> Wayne Zhu

Niels Basjes