Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Rahul Phadnis <ra...@fatspaniel.com> on 2006/09/01 18:42:49 UTC

Commons-DBCP: Prepared Statement pooling

I wanted to understand how can I verify that I have
prepared statement pooling turned on when using DBCP.

I am using JOCL files for configuring the connection
pool. I have added the necessary XML snippet for
enabling the Prepared Statement pooling ie define a
StackKeyedObjectPoolFactory.

Now when I can I get a PreparedStatement using the
connection obtained from the pool and check its class
using
pstmt.getClass().getName()

I get
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement
but I was expecting

org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolablePreparedStatement

Appreciate any help.

-Rahul