Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Dave Koelmeyer <da...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz> on 2016/08/26 00:50:58 UTC

blog post for review: inactive session timeout

Hi All,

"Quick tip" blog post for review:

****

The default inactive session timeout value for JSPWiki is 30 minutes \u2013
quite often too short. The value can be adjusted by adding the following
entry to the web.xml file, (where the "session-timeout" value is in
minutes):

<session-config>
<session-timeout>60</session-timeout>
</session-config>

This sets inactive sessions to be logged out after one hour.

Alternatively, a session timeout value can be configured in the
application server. For example, on Payara Server, go to "server-config
\u2192 Web Container", and under the "Session Properties" tab set the session
timeout value in seconds:

JSPWiki-SessionTimeout-1.png

JSPWiki-SessionTimeout-1.png

--
Dave Koelmeyer
http://blog.davekoelmeyer.co.nz

Re: blog post for review: inactive session timeout

Posted by Dave Koelmeyer <da...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz>.
On 26/08/16 17:34, Dirk Frederickx wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Did you know that you can change the "Session Timeout" message which is
> shown by JSPWiki when that timeout occurs ?
> Just create the SessionExpired page.    It's probably also a good idea to
> put a   [{ALLOW edit Admin}]  in that page.

Hi Dirk/All,

I didn't know that either \u2013 good call! I couldn't actually get this to
work on my JSPWiki instance, but that's likely something to do with it
being private and using container managed authentication. I've added
your text almost verbatim to the post (let me know if it needs
changing), and it's is now live at:

https://blogs.apache.org/jspwiki/entry/change_jspwiki_s_inactive_session

Cheers,
Dave

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1 too (didn't knew about the SessionExpired page, nice to know)

br,
juan pablo

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
+1