Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org> on 2021/05/31 07:54:23 UTC

[VOTE] - Merge FSO branch HDDS-2939 to master

Hi All,

Based on the positive feedback from the merge DISCUSS thread
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r1a9681a24dc3cb71c9683dd3c3f42c5b15dd9dd5fe4c7fce3aa376fc%40%3Cdev.ozone.apache.org%3E>,
I'd like to start a formal VOTE to merge HDDS-2939 branch to master.

The support for Prefix based FSO for Ozone has been put together in jira:

 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDDS-2939

The github feature branch is here:

 https://github.com/apache/ozone/tree/HDDS-2939

The design documents as well as feature documentation is put up in the
ozone wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OZONE/FileSystem+Optimizations+-+HDDS-2939

The merge discussion thread is:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r1a9681a24dc3cb71c9683dd3c3f42c5b15dd9dd5fe4c7fce3aa376fc%40%3Cdev.ozone.apache.org%3E

This has been a long effort and many thanks to all contributors for your
input into the design, implementing, testing and review of this feature.

I am starting with my +1.

*The vote will run for 7 days, ending on June 6th 2021 at 1:00 pm IST.*

Thanks,

Rakesh

Re: [VOTE] - Merge FSO branch HDDS-2939 to master

Posted by Aravindan Vijayan <av...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 for merging HDDS-2939 to master. Thanks for driving this Rakesh.

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 9:01 PM Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.invalid>
wrote:

> +1 for merging this feature to master.
>

> > On May 31, 2021, at 12:54 AM, Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Based on the positive feedback from the merge DISCUSS thread
> > <
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r1a9681a24dc3cb71c9683dd3c3f42c5b15dd9dd5fe4c7fce3aa376fc%40%3Cdev.ozone.apache.org%3E
> >,
> > I'd like to start a formal VOTE to merge HDDS-2939 branch to master.
> >
> > The support for Prefix based FSO for Ozone has been put together in jira:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDDS-2939
> >
> > The github feature branch is here:
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/ozone/tree/HDDS-2939
> >
> > The design documents as well as feature documentation is put up in the
> > ozone wiki:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OZONE/FileSystem+Optimizations+-+HDDS-2939
> >
> > The merge discussion thread is:
> >

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r1a9681a24dc3cb71c9683dd3c3f42c5b15dd9dd5fe4c7fce3aa376fc%40%3Cdev.ozone.apache.org%3E
> >
> > This has been a long effort and many thanks to all contributors for your
> > input into the design, implementing, testing and review of this feature.
> >
> > I am starting with my +1.
> >
> > *The vote will run for 7 days, ending on June 6th 2021 at 1:00 pm IST.*
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Rakesh

Thanks & Regards,
Aravindan

Re: [VOTE] - Merge FSO branch HDDS-2939 to master

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>.
I've merged the feature branch 'HDDS-2939' to master.
Thanks everyone for all the contributions and continuous support!

Thanks
Rakesh

Posted by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by mingchao zhao <ca...@apache.org>.
+1,  Thanks Rakesh for your work on this.

Shashikant Banerjee <sb...@cloudera.com.invalid> 于2021年6月3日周四 上午11:52写道:

Posted by Shashikant Banerjee <sb...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Bharat Viswanadham <bv...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 for merge. Thank You, Rakesh for driving this feature and work.

Thanks,
Bharat

Posted by Vivek Ratnavel <vi...@apache.org>.
+1 for the merge

Posted by Lokesh Jain <lj...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 for merge

Posted by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
I am +1.

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sadanand Shenoy <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Mukul Kumar Singh <mk...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the merge.

Posted by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>.
Thank you very much Yiqun for the great support!

Thanks,
Rakesh

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Uma gangumalla <um...@apache.org>.
+1 for the merge. Thanks Rakesh for working on this.

Regards,
Uma