Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andy Kriger <ak...@greaterthanone.com> on 2002/11/15 20:23:31 UTC

giving biz classes access to MessageResources?

I have an organizational question. On my current project, we keep SQL
queries in our App.properties file to allow us to update the queries without
recomiling code. However, this means that (afaik) only the Action can access
the query Strings. So, whenever calls are made to our dB class, we have to
pass the query as a parameter.

Or do we?
The dB is a bunch of static methods (could be a singleton just as easily).
Is there a better way to set this up that allows the dB class to know about
the message resources? Will a call to System.getResource work here? How are
other folks handling this kind of thing?

thx
andy