Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by mathan kumar <im...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/14 06:24:00 UTC

Undefined table and DoNotRetryIOException errors when accessed from phoenix

Hi All,

Created a table (MyTable) in hbase and added data to it and then tried to
access through phoenix client.

Got exception due to query bug while creating virtual table with the same
name(MyTable). But found that the table got created though exception
occurred.

Could not access or alter or drop etc on (MyTable) as I get following

0: jdbc:phoenix:localhost> drop table "MyTable";
Error: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.DoNotRetryIOException: ubi_stream_realtime:
109 (state=08000,code=101)

0: jdbc:phoenix:localhost> select * from "MyTable";
Error: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.DoNotRetryIOException: ubi_stream_realtime:
109 (state=08000,code=101)

0: jdbc:phoenix:localhost> !tables
+------------+-------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+---------------------------+----------------+-------------+----------------+
| TABLE_CAT  | TABLE_SCHEM | TABLE_NAME | TABLE_TYPE |  REMARKS   |
TYPE_NAME  | SELF_REFERENCING_COL_NAME | REF_GENERATION | INDEX_STATE |
IMMUTABLE_ROWS |
+------------+-------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+---------------------------+----------------+-------------+----------------+
| null       | SYSTEM      | TABLE      | SYSTEM TABLE | null       | null
      | null                      | null           | null        | false
      |
| null       | null        | MyTable      | TABLE      | null       | null
      | null                      | null           | null        | false  |
+------------+-------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+---------------------------+----------------+-------------+----------------+

0: jdbc:phoenix:localhost> !dropall
Really drop every table in the database? (y/n)abort-drop-all: Aborting drop
all tables.y
Error: ERROR 1012 (42M03): Table undefined. tableName=MyTable
(state=42M03,code=1012)
Aborting command set because "force" is false and command failed: "DROP
TABLE MyTable;"

I tried following ways but could not delete the phoenix mapping.

* Drop table in hbase and tried all queries in phoenix
* Tried rename query in phoenix
* restarted hbase and as well as phoenix client
* recreated same table in phoenix as well as in hbase

But I could drop the table in HBase using HBase shell and verified that the
table is not listed in HBase after that.
Even now Phoenix could not drop the table and still listing the entry while
using !tables command.

Where would be the mapping gets stored. Is ter any way to delete the table
entry from phoenix which may / may not be in HBase.

or else can I map a HBase table with the name "Table1" in HBase to table
name "Table2" in Phoenix or Is ter any way to delete those physical tables
using dfs / hdfs like commands (HBase server is installed in single machine
not as distributed though in my case)

coz I found that "Table1" name is freezed to the above said errors in
Phoenix though the table is available or not available in HBase.

Re: Undefined table and DoNotRetryIOException errors when accessed from phoenix

Posted by mathan kumar <im...@gmail.com>.
sent to Phoenix mailing list and got the reply to check with HBase users

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.