Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2006/06/02 18:08:23 UTC

New JIRA "Version" Created called Verification Required

All,

After moving some of the JIRAs for the third time today there is a recurring pattern of bugs that
are reported and are so old that we don't know if they are issues anymore.  To separate these from
the other bugs that can be worked on directly I created a new Version called "Verification
Required".  The intent of this category is to place JIRAs here that need a test case built to verify
the problem still exists or not.  Seems like this would be a good place to point new comers as this
would give them a solid thing to work on and get their hands dirty with Geronimo as well.

I'm moving several JIRAs in there today.  If there is strong objection then they can easily be moved
out and put into some version number.  I'm trying to change some of the way we look at JIRA because
there are a large number of the open ones that just sit there.

Thoughts?

Matt

Re: New JIRA "Version" Created called Verification Required

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
> I'm getting the feeling that you understand this JIRA stuff pretty well :)

Maybe I am... ;-)

I introduced PBT (where I'm about to leave) to JIRA about a year ago,
and was the admin for about 10 months.  I've implemented some crude,
yet custom, workflows for our IT operations production change policy
(they wanted the project called PCP for some reason).  They also use
JIRA for most technical project management, bug tracking and future
task planning.

Its a good tool... despite some of its weakness and awkwardness.

Cheers,

--jason

Re: New JIRA "Version" Created called Verification Required

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
I'm getting the feeling that you understand this JIRA stuff pretty well :)

Version is being abused and your suggestion is much better.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
It sounds great. Actually I received a bunch of questions about writing tests cases, this would be
just the right place to start.

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
+1

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn at earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: New JIRA "Version" Created called Verification Required

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Works for me.

Aaron

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 6/2/06, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> I'm moving several JIRAs in there today.  If there is strong objection then they can easily be moved
> out and put into some version number.  I'm trying to change some of the way we look at JIRA because
> there are a large number of the open ones that just sit there.
>
> Thoughts?

+1

> Matt

Jacek