Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ching-Pei Hsing <cp...@comergent.com> on 2004/08/18 20:24:25 UTC

What's the return order when the scores for two doc are exactly t he same

Hi,

What is the order returned by Lucene when the scores for two result
documents are exactly the same? I know this rarely happens in full text
search but it happened in our case. We build index over ID¡¦s of structured
data and try to search with ID¡¦s.

Thanks

Ching-pei

Re: What's the return order when the scores for two doc are exactly t he same

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
The index order is the "secondary" sort order.  You can change this by
using the new sorting facility if desired.

	Erik