Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Greg Pagendam-Turner <gr...@liftyourgame.com> on 2010/06/08 09:56:35 UTC

Tapestry5 jQuery - closing an Ajax Dialog

I have a modal jQuery dialog with a LinkSubmit. When the LinkSubmit is
clicked I would like the dialog to save the changes to the database and
then close. What do I return from onSuccess to cause the dialog to
close? The documentation for jQuery Dialog states that the code for
closing a dialog is

.dialog("close")

How do I return javascript as a block? Or is there a better way?

Regards,

Greg.

Re: Tapestry5 jQuery - closing an Ajax Dialog

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

If your form is submitted through an Ajax request, you can create a
PartialMarkupRendererFilter that you can add in the PageRenderQueue, and
then access to the RenderSupport in the filter to fill your JS code.

2010/6/8 Greg Pagendam-Turner <gr...@liftyourgame.com>

> I have a modal jQuery dialog with a LinkSubmit. When the LinkSubmit is
> clicked I would like the dialog to save the changes to the database and then
> close. What do I return from onSuccess to cause the dialog to close? The
> documentation for jQuery Dialog states that the code for closing a dialog is
>
> .dialog("close")
>
> How do I return javascript as a block? Or is there a better way?
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg.

Christophe Cordenier.

Developer of wooki @wookicentral.com