Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by tommaso barbugli <tb...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/12 13:05:43 UTC

alter table issues on 2.0.10

Hi,
I am seeing errors every time I make a schema migration of this kind on
cassandra 2.0.10

ALTER TABLE notifications add "unread_ids" set<timeuuid> static

<ErrorMessage code=0000 [Server error] message="java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ConfigurationException: comparators do not
match or are not compatible.">

Weird enough DESCRIBE COLUMNFAMILY notifications; shows that the column
unread_ids is created after the error.

Any idea if this is an actual bug or if I am doing something wrong?

Tommaso

Re: alter table issues on 2.0.10

Posted by DuyHai Doan <do...@gmail.com>.
I found this JIRA with similar error message (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-6276), not sure it applies
to your case, and especially the issue is supposed to be fixed in 2.0.10
(your current version).

 Consider filling a new JIRA if you can reproduce the issue

Posted by tommaso barbugli <tb...@gmail.com>.
Here is the full stack trace

[...]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Posted by DuyHai Doan <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Tommaso

Posted by tommaso barbugli <tb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,